My little ones LOVE potion play and what could be better than potion play that you can drink! These lemonade potions were their favorite potions yet.
The lemonade potions engaged the senses of taste, smell and touch. This activity uses many different fine motor skills like squeezing, pouring, scooping and peeling. Using kitchen tools teaches practical life skills. There is also a lot of different scientific reactions that can be observed in these potions; ice melting, sugar cube melting/solutions, color changing, and the effects of carbonation.
To make a long story short, these lemonade potions have everything!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. I make a small commission on items purchased through these links at no additional cost to you. All thoughts and opinions are my own. For full disclosure see Legal.
MATERIALS FOR SENSORY CITRUS POTIONS
- Sensory table or large plastic bin
- Lemons, limes, oranges or grapefruits (halved)
- Water + ice
- Sugar cubes or regular sugar
- Bottles, medicine droppers, pitcher, citrus reamer, zester, funnels etc.
- Cups + straws
- [Optional] Grenadine, seltzer, baking soda
WAYS TO PLAY
- Pour, scoop, squeeze, zest
- Experiment with fizzy chemical reactions, dissolving sugar, mixing color + ice melting
- Taste the different combinations
- Lemonade stand dramatic play
- Give creative names to your different lemonade drinks
- Do a blindfolded taste test
DID YOU TRY IT?
Let us know what your little one thought of this sensory lemonade potions in the comment section or show us your play by sharing your photos on Facebook or instagram and tagging @ureadyteddy or #ureadyteddy
We'll share our favorites in our stories!