It’s Fruit Week at our FREE summer camp U Ready Kids Camp. If you haven’t downloaded the Free camp PDF head to my U READY KIDS CAMP post.
Each week has a themed sensory bin like this colorful berry sensory bin. This berry sensory bin can be made with any fruit colored sensory bin filler. We used berry-colored water beads but you could use colored sand, play dough, jello, dyed rice, pompoms and more. A heart shaped cake tin worked perfectly for a strawberry but you could use any round pan or plate. Our whole summer camp is meant to be flexible. Use what you have at home and use our examples for inspiration!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. I make a small commission on items purchased through these links at no additional cost to you. All thoughts and opinions are my own. For full disclosure see Legal.
MATERIALS FOR BERRY SENSORY BIN
- Sensory table or large plastic bin
- Water beads or other fruit colored sensory bin filler (colored sand, dyed rice, jello etc
- [Optional] faux fruits + veggies, faux leaves and/or stems, pie pans, popsicle sticks
See our tinker tray idea list here: SENSORY BIN FAQS
WAYS TO PLAY
- Scoop + pour
- Color sort fruit into bins
- Add black or white "seeds" to some of the fruit bins and remove with tweezers or tongs
- Make a fruit pie
- Make "jams/jellies" in small jars
DID YOU TRY IT?
Let us know what your little one thought of this berry sensory bin in the comment section or show us your play by sharing your photos on Facebook or instagram and tagging @ureadyteddy or #ureadyteddy
We'll share our favorites in our stories!