Does your little one have a birthday coming up?
Help them celebrate with a fun Birthday Cake Play Dough Activity. Set up an invitation to create with your choice of colorful playdough. Roll out a large piece of playdough and drape it over top of a Bundt cake pan or an upside-down bowl. Set out a tinker tray with small loose parts. We used bead necklaces, decorative paper straws, gems, pom poms, mini erasers, glow-in-the-dark stars, wooden numbers from a puzzle and some tiny wooden parts.
Teddy said this was “the bestest activity he’s ever seen”. Next birthday, I want to put another layer by stacking an upside-down bowl covered in a different color play dough on top! Read on for more details.
MATERIALS FOR BIRTHDAY CAKE PLAYDOUGH ACTIVITY
- Bundt cake pan or upside-down bowl
- Play dough
- Loose parts for decorations
WAYS TO PLAY WITH BIRTHDAY CAKE PLAY DOUGH
- Decorate the cake with loose parts
- Balance pom poms on top of the straw candles
- Match the number of candles to the wooden number
- Create patterns with loose parts
- Make a 3-D play dough puzzle by stamping the objects into the dough and matching the imprints with the objects
- Dramatic play as a baker or a birthday girl/boy
Looking for more birthday activities for kids? Check out our web story BIRTHDAY PLAY DOUGH ACTIVITIES. Also check out some of our fun party themes PARTY ANIMAL FIRST BIRTHDAY, ROBOT BIRTHDAY PARTY and PETER RABBIT FIRST BIRTHDAY PARTY.
DID YOU TRY IT?
Let us know what your little birthday boy or girl thought of this activity in the comment section or show us your play by sharing your photos on Facebook or instagram and tagging @ureadyteddy or #ureadyteddy
We'll share our favorites in our stories!